Tuesday 1 May 2012

Origin of the Project

Taking the long view I can trace the origin of this project back to working in my Grans garden as a child, where I became fascinated by plants and flowers and her care for them, watering, taking cuttings, staking  and setting up wires for them to grow along. Most of all I remember how one  year I watched her dig a hole next to her Hydrangea plant into which she buried a handful of copper nails, her explanation bemused me at the time as she told me it was the nails that made the flowers turn blue.

Anything as crazy stays in your head and has to be worth investigating and now I find myself immersed in trying to understand the origins of different species of plants and the hybridization of them both natural and cultivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment