Saturday 5 May 2012

Selection decisions


With only two weeks to go before I will be  entering the plant in the RHS Chelsea 2012 Plant of the Year, I am making crucial final decisions as to which elements of the plant work best to gain those all important points. 


The black poly pipe stem structure definitely supports the multi flower head form well and allows for the plant to be reconfigured easily as it hybridizes away.


The intense shiny black stems and the grid leaves, make a bold dramatic effect, to set off the flowers, unusual and rare in the botanical world. 





The only other plant I know of coming close to this colour is Ophiopogon Nigrescens





 

Tens of flower heads are being trialed - assembled from black plastic cogs,fans, with red electrical wire stamens.



Today's studio decisions will help me begin to classify the plant and fill in the all important CFS FORM 19, to enable me to enter Chelsea.




No comments:

Post a Comment