Saturday 2 June 2012

Artists on the move

While the plant is safely bedded out in the Garden of Disorientation I returned north to catch up on preparing sculptures for the 'Expressions of Movement' art exhibition at The Grove, Hertfordshire and heard about a Nomadic Village of international artist's that had set up an encampment to make art  in the small rural village of  Wolsingham, Co Durham.  The project is run by Klaus Maehring (Lead Artist and founder) from ORP/Austria and is supported by ISIS Arts














The encampment comprised of a collection of artists caravans, tents, shelters, recycled fibre glass containers, nestled along the bank of the wooded beck running through the village with doors wide open, artists freely invited you in to view their spaces of work & travel, containing, films, installations, performances all touching on ideas surrounding nomadism . 


Using this beautiful location as inspiration, material, stage,  seemed to me extoll the excitement of journeying to new places to meet and engage with new people.









This is excitement is a feeling I recognise from my recent journey with my Heavy Plant and which I am now reflecting and  wondering how where we might go now. I certainly feel that my journey through the parks and streets of Kensington & Chelsea is only the beginning of a much larger journey which I am beginning.


No comments:

Post a Comment